Conversation Starters for Singles Over 40
Are you over 40 and single, have finally made up your mind to look for a life companion? While we wouldn’t say you’re late, you’d discover that finding a compatible match tends to get a little difficult. Nevertheless, this doesn’t mean that you should give up. Casual flirting and well-executed pick up lines do work wonders even today, provided you know what to say and when to say it when you dating singles over 40.
While dating sites for singles over 40 can help you discover a potential match, you would have to take this to the real world scenario in order to take things to the climax stage. Here are a few conversational starters that can help you avoid the awkward silence while dating:
Pick up something from the surroundings
- This is one of my favorite songs. What do you say about this band?
- Have you tried this? (pointing to an item in the menu list)
- Have you visited this place earlier? Would you like to suggest an appetizer?
- Do you like dogs? (If you plan to meet in a park and there are others with their pets)
Personal comments or compliments
There is probably no people on the earth that doesn’t fall for flattery and your partner would be no different.
- You have a great smile.
- You have beautiful eyes.
- I fell in love with your dimple the moment I saw your picture on the website.
- That color looks amazing on you.
- That’s a nice shirt (touching lightly on the arm would be taken as a positive gesture)
Comments from the world or current affairs
This can be a little risky. Therefore, it is important that you assess her interests prior to starting this kind of a conversation. In case she has no clue about it, she would take that as an insult or taunt.
- Yesterday’s match between Serena Williams and Venus Williams was amazing, isn’t it?
- Did you hear about the recent launch of a new operating system for Apple devices?
- What do you think about the recent changes in the city planning department?
In order to execute these conversational starters, you would need a great sense of humor as anything short would seem forceful.
- What’s the worst thing you’d say on your first date?
- What would you say if I proposed you right here?
Conversational starters not only tell a lot about you but also reflect some of your personality traits. This is why you’d need to rehearse them prior to executing them before your potential partner.
Prepared your over 40 dating with all the advice and start to enjoy you middle-aged romance.