Questions You Should Not Ask While Your First Date Over 40
The mysteries of dating over 40 can seem like an endless maze that leaves your heart racing and your brain swimming in a sea of emotional apprehension. This is perfectly normal, but it doesn’t have to be this way. If you are in the singles over forty game, here is a list of questions that should never be asked on the first date. Even if they eat away at you, the first date is just not the right time to ask.
- Are you in recovery?
- Have you ever filed bankruptcy?
- Have you hit menopause yet?
- How do you feel about premarital sex?
- What went wrong in your last relationship?
- How much money is in your retirement account?
- How old do I look?
- Are you a mama’s boy?
- How many serious relationships have you had?
- Are you looking to get married?
- Do you want children?
- How much do you weigh?
- Have you had plastic surgery?
- Do you have any health issues?
- Do you feel like you’re over the hill?
- Do you mind that I still live with my parents?
- Are you one of those people who have to have name brand everything?
Now some of these questions may be things that will be revealed over time if a relationship takes a more serious turn. For instance, if a person has health issues it would be important to know but utterly tasteless to ask on the first date. Other questions are just plain out of line. Don’t ever ask a lady over 40 if she has hit menopause and don’t ask anyone about their retirement account. While kissing on the first date is not taboo, discussing sex is. Please remember your manners, ladies and gentlemen alike; chivalry is not really dead no matter what you’ve heard.
Dating at the age of 40 can be intimidating at times. Be honest with yourself about what qualities you are looking for in the opposite sex and keep an open mind. Try to understand that mature singles are just singles with a little more experience, good and bad experience. Try to be a good listener, it’s attractive and it conveys a genuine interest. Please be realistic. Dating over forty is not about finding your Richard Gear or Julia Roberts. It’s a whole new ballgame. Above all, don’t be negative about anything. As long as you keep it tasteful and don’t grill them on the first date, it should be a good experience for you both.